Taught by world-class researchers, our BA/BSc Programmes give students a fresh perspective on the world around them and a thorough grounding in current geography research. They will learn the importance of geographical methods in tackling some of the biggest challenges facing the world today and they leave us with a highly valuable set of project design and critical thinking skills.
Whilst most of our students opt to study our longstanding BA/BSc Geography Programme, there are options for those who are clearer at the start about where their personal geographical interests lie.
The core structure of all of our Programmes is modelled on that of the BA/BSc Geography, but if you decide to specialise from the start, course course structure is amended so that you can focus more fully on what really interests you.
Find out more about our Geography BA/BSc, and our four specialist Programmes, using the links below.
The Geography Undergraduate Experience at UCL
- The University has a longstanding tradition of undertaking the very best geography research; we were home to the first ever UK geography professor, and continue to be one of the largest and most dynamic geography departments in the world;
- You’ll be working with a group of scholars with a very diverse range of specialisms and whom are recognised as leaders in their field of research;
- We offer a wide range of optional courses, and our excellent staff-student ratio makes for plenty of individual choice and scope for personal supervision;
- You will develop valuable skills for employment; our graduates are sought after by employers, with previous graduates having gone on to successful careers in the public and private sectors both here in the UK and abroad;
- We have a very active and supportive undergraduate ‘GeogSoc’ which, in combination with the staff contact you’ll have, will mean you’ll soon feel part of our research community;
- Based in the heart of London, our Bloomsbury campus provides a picturesque setting for study, with its many squares and gardens, and a great spot for access to the city's vibrant social and cultural scenes.
More information from the Admissions Tutor if you are thinking of joining us in 2017.