Current and Recent Research
Migration policy development in OECD countries, 2010, OECD.
Research and international corporate mobility, 2009, Leverhulme Programme.
Economic downturn and recession, 2009.
International students and the UK labour market, 2006-08, Leverhulme Programme.
- The New Zimbabwean Diaspora: Inclusion and Exclusion in the UK’ (ESRC 2004-5)
- National Identity, Citizenship and Religious ‘Difference’, Leverhulme Programme, 2007-9
- Highly skilled migrants and the movement of expertise, Leverhulme programme, 2004-05
- Leverhulme programme, 2004-05 ,
- Migrant trafficking and human smuggling between Pakistan/Afghanistan and the United Kingdom, Leverhulme programme, 2003-04
- Types of international migration and their impacts, Council of Europe, 2005.
- Pupil Mobility in Secondary Schools, Nuffield Foundation, 2002-04
- PEMINT, EU 5th Framework, 2001-2003.
- International migration and the United Kingdom, UK SOPEMI correspondents report to the OECD, 1985-2010 (annual).
- Current Trends in European International Migration, Council of Europe, 1991-2006.
- Work permits database, Home Office, 2002
- Sizing the illegal population, Home Office, 2002
- Irregular migration flows in Europe, Home Office/IOM, 2001-02
- , European Commission funding 1999-2001.
- Low skilled migration into the UK, Home Office, 2001.
- Skilled migration into the UK, Home Office, 2001.
- Social networks of asylum seekers, Home Office, 2001.
- Return and reintegration of rejected asylum seekers, IOM, 2000-01.
- UK Immigration Policy: the Challenges to Come, Home Office, 2000-01.
- Trafficking in migrants, International Organisation for Migration, 1999.
- Pupil mobility in schools, DfEE and Nuffield Foundation, 1999-2000.
- National conditions of entry for certain types of migrants, European Commission, 1999-2000.
- Free movement of labour in Europe, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 1999.
- Labour migration impacts of EU enlargement, Department for Education and Employment, 1999.
- Transnational exile communities and post-conflict reconstruction, ESRC, 1998-2001.
- Patterns and trends of European international migration, European Commission, 1998-9.
- Foreign workers in Europe, extension to database, European Commission, 1997.
- Creation of database on international migration in Central and Eastern Europe, European Commission.
- Creation of database on acquisition of citizenship, European Commission, 1996.
- Enhancement of Eurostat international migration stocks and labour database, European Commission, 1996-97.
- Feasibility study for a European Racism and Xenophobia Observatory, European Commission, 1996.
- Enhancement of Eurostat international migration flows database, European Commission, 1995-96.
- European migration statistics update, Home office, 1995.
- Posted workers in Europe, Department of Employment, 1995.
- Feasibility study for a European Migration Observatory, European Commission, 1995-96.
- International migration of the highly skilled, OECD, 1994.
- Analysis and forecasting of international migration, Eurostat, European Commission, 1994.
- Enhanced database for international migration, Eurostat, European Commission, 1993-94.
- Comparison of data sources relating to international migration in the EC, Eurostat, European Commission, 1992-93.
- Contemporary international migration in Europe, Home Office, 1992-93.
- Foreign labour immigration in the U.K. Department of Employment, 1988-89.